If you are interested in how to become a 911 dispatcher in Virginia, or a 911 operator in Virginia, we have some helpful information for you on your path.
911 dispatchers of Virginia save lives every day. The work, proving both challenging and rewarding, usually holds a starting salary of $35,000 a year.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
The following are some of the major employers for 911 Dispatch:
- Chesapeake Emergency Communications Center
- Norfolk Department of Emergency Preparedness and Response’s Division of Emergency Communications
- Chesterfield County Emergency Communications Center
- Virginia Beach Crisis Communications
Virginia 911 Operator Education
Earning a degree that is related to the field can make you competitive as a candidate and put you in a position for long-term advancement. Here are some types of degrees that would benefit you:
- Criminal Justice
- Homeland Security
- Emergency Management
The following are some of the agencies affiliated with education and training for 911 Dispatcher:
- APCO: Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials
- Dispatcher School of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- CALEA: Commission of Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies
Virginia 911 Dispatcher Training and Certification
The following represent some of the more important training/certification programs in the state of Virginia:
- Telecommunicator Training Academy
- On the job training for technology
- Radio technology
- GPS mapping systems
- VCIN: Virginia Criminal Information Network
- Emergency Medical Dispatch
Virginia 911 Dispatcher Salary
The men and women who serve the state of Virginia as 911 dispatchers are rewarded greatly for their contributions to the community. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average 911 operator in the state takes home $38,050 per year.
911 Dispatcher Programs and Schools in Virginia
(It’s fast and free!)
Choose your area of study and receive free information about programs you are interested in. 911 dispatchers can benefit greatly from degrees in public safety, emergency management, homeland security, and criminal justice. Request information from multiple programs to make an informed decision on the best program and educational opportunity for you!