If you are looking for how to become a 911 dispatcher in Mississippi, or a 911 operator in Mississippi, we have compiled some important information for you.
Becoming a 911 Dispatcher in Mississippi needs the appropriate set of training and academic requirements to do the work nicely.
To be able to maintain its citizens secure and safe, law enforcement in Mississippi relies on prompt answers by 911 emergency services.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Mississippi 911 Dispatcher Education
A college degree will usually make a 911 dispatcher candidate more competitive, and qualified, in the job market. Mississippi schools and universities provide various degree programs that prove relevant to the 911 dispatch occupation:
- Communications – Develop techniques for handling a wide range of communications tasks.
- Pre-law Studies – Develop important logical thinking and procedural skills.
- Pre-Med Studies – Develop familiarity with physiological and general medical terms.
Top Companies for 911 General Info and Dispatcher Mississippi
Common requirements (among different municipalities) include the following:
- Must be at least 21-years-old
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to work effectively in high stress environments
- Problem solving abilities are essential
- After being trained, new hires work on a 1 year probation status
Leading suppliers of 911 dispatcher work in Mississippi
- Jackson Police Department – in the largest city within Mississippi.
- Gulfport Police Department – in the second largest city within Mississippi.
- Southaven Police Department – in the third largest city within Mississippi.
The Mississippi E-911 Coordinators Association: strengthening Mississippi’s emergency response efforts to ensure safety for all.
The NENA works in precisely the same fashion as the Mississippi E-911 Association, but on a bigger range which deals with the whole country.
The International Academies of Emergency Dispatch handles standardization of the E-911 on a multinational level.
Those who work in the state of Mississippi as 911 operators are rewarded well for their service. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average 911 dispatcher in the state earns $25,230 per year.
Schooling Information for 911 Dispatchers in Mississippi
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- BSCJ – Law Enforcement
- BSCJ – Juvenile Justice
- BSCJ – Homeland Security
- BSCJ – Forensic Psychology
- BSCJ – Crime Scene Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Corrections
- MSCJ - Global Issues in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Law
- MSCJ - Leadership/Executive Management
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Science
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science
- Bachelor of Science in Fire and Emergency Management
- BS in Corrections
- MS Criminal Justice
- MS Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism
- MS Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration
- AS Criminal Justice
- BS Criminal Justice
- BS Criminal Justice: Criminology
- BS Criminal Justice: Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
- BS Criminal Justice: Legal Studies and Advocacy
- BS Criminal Justice: Police Administration and Operations
- BS Criminal Justice: Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice: Corrections
- BS Cyber Security
- BS Cyber Security: Secure Programming
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics