Those who are looking to become a 911 dispatcher in Louisiana will need to complete the required training and coursework to gain employment and perform their job responsibilities effectively.
Louisiana 911 Dispatcher Training
911 dispatcher companies in Louisiana need new workers to finish some basic field training, that may normally take place in the work site or inside a training center in Louisiana. Some companies in Louisiana require that emergency dispatchers certified in at least one of the following:
- Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO)- Which has these certifications:
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher
- Fire Service Dispatcher
- Public Safety Telecommunicator
- Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) of the National Alliance on Mental Illness
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
911 dispatch facilities are located throughout Louisiana. In each part of the state, emergency dispatchers may be called various names depending on the part of the state. Some variations include:
- Law Enforcement Dispatcher
- Communications Dispatcher
- Medical Dispatcher
- Fire Dispatcher
- Public Safety Communications Professional
Louisiana 911 Operator Education
Everyone who is employed or going to be employed as a 911 dispatcher will need to complete specialized training and education courses to be allowed to work on their own in the field. Those who would like to gain an advantage when it comes to employment or career advancement should look to acquire a college degree.
There are universities in the state that provide degrees and coursework in fields that have proven to be beneficial to those looking to become an emergency dispatcher. Some beneficial majors include:
- Criminal Justice
- Fire Science
- Legal Studies
- Emergency Administration
Discover 911 dispatcher programs in Louisiana that are a match for you!
Some of the largest employers of 911 dispatchers include:
- Caddo Parish Communications District Number One Crisis Communications Center
- St. Tammany Parish Communications District Emergency 911
- New Orleans Crisis 911- Orleans Parish Communications District
- Baton Rouge Authorities Emergency Medical Services 911 Center
Louisiana 911 Dispatcher Salary
Those who work in the state of Louisiana as a 911 dispatcher take home a well earned living for the services they provide those in their communities. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average 911 operator in Louisiana earns a yearly salary of $30,580.
911 Dispatcher Programs and Schools in Louisiana
(It’s fast and free!)
Choose your area of study and receive free information about programs you are interested in. 911 dispatchers can benefit greatly from degrees in public safety, emergency management, homeland security, and criminal justice. Request information from multiple programs to make an informed decision on the best program and educational opportunity for you!